Full Feels Heavenly After Fasting for Two Days in Preparation for a Colonoscopy
From thefridayfive again, just because it is lovely summer and I can.
1) How do you feel about people who commit suicide? Such as, do you feel that they are too lazy to deal with life, have depression, do you feel sorry for them, etc.? I think that there are two kinds of people who commit suicide: those who do so to gain attention to their problems and thus wave a huge red flag in everyone’s face, hoping they’ll get to talk about it, and those who honestly see suicide as their only option to end their misery. That second type usually don’t bother with drama and simply do the horrible deed; if it can be detected and prevented, then definitely so be it, but the first type is much easier to detect. I pay attention to those who tell me they’re going to commit and become the super-therapist. I still remember talking on IM with a friend who felt like killing herself. I automatically demanded her for her phone number and then talked her through it for the next two, three hours, then called my dad and had him keep an eye on her physically because I wasn’t in the same town or state. I had dropped everything and focused intensely on her.
2) What do you think people say about you behind your back? I think most people, to various degrees, pity me and admire me for my disabilities. Those feelings always lurk in the backs of minds. They might not do it constantly, but it does come up in peoples’ minds occasionally. I can see it in their eyes sometimes.
3) If you could own and operate any major business, what would it be? Just’In and I have a funny dream of opening a malt/ice cream shop & bookstore for high school kids someday when we’re old. We’d make it the most eclectic place you’ve ever seen.
4) Are you/would you be embarrassed to talk to your friends or family about sex? No. I love sex. I make my posts about sex friends-only just in case my parents or my younger siblings decide to frequent the site. My parents don’t talk about their sex life at all, which I suppose can be understandable considering we are their children, but I wish they did. I don’t talk about the intimate details of my personal sex life and I don’t expect anyone else to, but I believe people should talk about things that are thought of as taboo. Especially if they love it as much as I do. Of course, I’m a very open person and my parents may not be.
5) In some cultures, young women are married and begin families as soon as they start a menstrual cycle. Do you believe this is right or wrong? Why? That is their culture, and many girls are prepared for marriage because that is their purpose in that society. Also, cultures like that are that was for a purpose; women are struck with many other unfortunate diseases and deaths earlier than we are in this culture. Thus, they concentrate on procreation because they know the clocks stop ticking sooner than ours do. We concentrate on mental achievements and other social acheivements because our biological clocks tick a lot longer because of our excellent forwards in science. In our culture, I am all for career and social forwarding. But I want kids and I want to be a full-time mom. It’s extremely important to me. It’s not happening now because I also need to be smart about it.